Monday, November 13, 2006

first post

it is my contention that chat and text-messaging, which are similar in some ways, are going to change the way we live our lives, and the way we think. In fact, I'm sure they already have. Some of this is due to the language itself- in the same way having everyone drive smaller cars or SUV's changes the way we conceive of driving. Some of this also is due to the way discourse goes while using these.

I don't know much about it. This weblog is my attempt to try and get at what it does. The weblog will be in standard English, or something like it- that's all I know. But it will refer to chat, and text messaging, and all the dialects that they contain, with an attempt to understand them better, and to understand where this is going. Have anything to add? Comments are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home